Follow the steps in this article to activate the subscription for the McAfee software that came pre-installed on your new Microsoft Windows PC.
To complete activation, register your McAfee software in the following way: NOTE: McAfee strongly recommends that you register using a live email address; if you ever need to reset your password, we will send an email to the address you used to register.
- Open your McAfee software and click Your Subscription.
- Click Edit Profile. You will be taken to the McAfee we bsite to complete the remaining steps.
- Type your email address, and then click Next.
- Create a strong password (containing a combination of at least eight lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols) and click Next. For advice on creating a strong password, see: https://securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/consumer/family-safety/15-tips-to-better-password-security/
When activation is complete, use the Verify Subscription feature to sync your installed McAfee software with your new account:
- Right-click the McAfee icon in the tool tray next to the clock and click Verify Subscription.
- Wait for the process to complete, then open your McAfee software and click Your Subscription.
- Confirm that the correct expiry date is shown.